MEDICARE PART B COST
Most individuals who are enrolled in Medicare Part B pay approximately $109 on average per month. You may have to pay more than that in a few situations. There are five situations in which you will be billed a higher monthly charge, starting at $134 per month.
- You first enroll in Part B in 2017
- You do not get Social Security benefits
- You have both Medicare and Medicaid and Medicaid pays your premium
- You pay your Part B premiums directly
- Your modified adjust gross income from 2 years ago (2015 income for 2017 premiums) is above a certain level
The following chart shows the amount you will pay based upon your income level.
If your yearly income in 2015 (for what you pay in 2017) was:
You may want to keep this in mind when your income spikes in a particular year.
“Your Partner In Success”
“The most terrifying words in the English language are:
I’m from the government and I’m here to help.”
Ronald Reagan – 40th President of the United States from 1981 – 1989