Our firm has a reputation of excellence with our governmental and public sector clients. Local and state government officials need to know that they can trust their accounting firm implicitly. Throughout our 70+ year history we have come to be one of the most relied-upon CPA firms in the Greater St. Louis Metropolitan Area.
Testimonials From Our Governmental Clients
“As independent auditors, Hochschild, Bloom & Company also provide an objective outside review of management’s performance in reporting operating results and financial condition.”
Public Water Supply District
“Thanks to Hochschild, Bloom & Company for their able assistance and for the professional manner in which they helped prepare and complete our comprehensive annual financial report in a timely manner.”
Qualifications and Experience
Our qualifications and experience in the public sector include:
- Preparation of reports for various governmental units which have received the prestigious Certificate of Achievement Award from the Government Finance Officers Association.
- Two of our associates are actually on the Special Review Committee for the Government Finance Officers Association which reviews financial reports submitted to be considered for the GFOA Certificate of Achievement.
- Previously under contract with the Missouri State Board of Accountancy to review audit reports and working papers prepared by other CPAs for governmental and other organizations.
- We previously performed a two-year financial audit as well as an economy and efficiency audit of the office of the Missouri State Auditor.
- Our Partner of Governmental Services currently serves on the Missouri Society of CPA’s Committee on Governmental Accounting, following two of our partners past service on the same committee.
- We have computer consultation capabilities regarding systems installations and application.
- We are an active member of the Government Finance Officers Association as well as its St. Louis Chapter, the Missouri Municipal League, the Missouri Municipal Attorneys Association, and City Clerks Association.
- We’re registered with the American Institute of CPAs as accounting and auditing peer reviewers in the areas of state and local governments and audits under Government Auditing Standards.
- We have experience in speaking engagements on government topics.
- We have governmental audit staff who have exceeded the education requirements of Government Auditing Standards, issued by the Comptroller General of the United States.
- Two of our personnel have received the American Institute of CPA’s Certificate of Educational Achievement in the Governmental Accounting and Auditing Program.